DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Tripod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Iv been quite satisfied with my small Manfrotto 190pro. Its small and very lightweight, and has served me well over the years.

I never realized how small and tiny it is until today. Big Grin

Got my new Tripod today Manfrotto 058B/Bogen 3051. Its a monster and build quality is top notch, only penalty is weight....and a broken back..Big Grin

Its one fine tripod, i love QR of the legs, you press two buttons and all legs will release/lock at the same time.

Main reason for buying this tripod was for studio/indoor work, But i will also use it for my macro work outdoors (for shorter trips offcourse, no hikes lol)

I recently sold my 105/2,8 VR micro, its an amazing lens for sure but i didnt use it as much as i should. Tongue Instead iv ordered a Nikkor 85mm/2,8 PC for my product/food photography and the Zeiss 50mm/2 Makro Planar. Both of these lenses are manual focus, and the 85mm/2,8 PC (tilt/shift) will require a high end tripod.

Will have to put the tripod to the test on thursday (both lenses should arrive by then) I also ordered a Katz Eye focus screen for my D2X to help me with MF.(but it will probebly take a month to arrive :/)

Here is a snap of the tripod put the 190pro beside it for reference.
[Image: tr_1.jpg]

Mini impressions of the two lenses will be up shortly (i have two weeks off from work :-)

/Paul L.
We have one of those chairs. How tall is that tripod fully extended?
I have two of those tripods - they are really wonderful. Height extension with a head is well over 2.2 metres.
whoa. that's a big tripod. Mine's only about 1.5m
Wow! That is a monsterous tripod!!!!
Yea its kind of big. Big Grin

Chris, do you take this on to wedding assigments ?

Whats your impression of it?

Thanx

/Paul L.
I use them for Studio stuff mainly and for on location video work where I want to get high up over the congregation at a wedding ceremony - even if they stand up to sing that puppy is still higher Big Grin

I love it except for the three small adjustable inner legs - they are a pain to line up all the same. Solid as a rock though. I once heard of someone using one to take a picture of a sunset with a point and shoot camera - talk about over kill!
Thanx Chris.

Yes iv noticed the inner legs can be a bit tricky.

P&S on this tripod ?! Big Grin

/Paul L.