DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Couch Potatoes - How long do you watch TV in a day?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw this interesting graphic from the Economist, ranking countries by their average daily TV consumption.
http://www.economist.com/research/articl...id=9527126

Australia's somewhere in the middle, but the US - 8 hours average daily viewing - takes the crown. I'm thinking - 8 hours?? And that's an average. How do people physically fit that in to their day?

Anyway, just wondering - how long do people spend each day on the box? I don't do it every day, but when I do, it's usually 1 to 2 hours. Having a media centre PC helps to cut down that number too - I get to skip all the ads and watch only the shows I want to watch, when I want to watch them. Big Grin
I watch Grey's Anatomy, House, and Lost. Oh, and Simpsons sometimes, but in the background, not really "watching". That's the limit of my TV viewing.
Computer time (photos and internet) now waste much more time than television for me....
I don't watch TV.
but I spend too long at the computer Tongue
I " watch " tv a lot more than i need too , but then again i love movies , and i am hooked on a few shows . I must say that i watch maybe 2.5 hours a day .

.... Shawn
I never bothered to hook up cable in the new place, and the antenna reception's horrible. I probably watch 5-8h a week of DVDs. In the fall, when it's connected, that'll probably go up to about 3-4 hours a day.

Does it still count when I'm using the computer at the same time?
I watch more TV now than I used to. Recently we bought a big HDTV - and I can be totally entertained by almost anything if I am watching it in HD...

On a very couch-potatoey day, I might watch 3 hours - usually more like 1.
matthew Wrote:Does it still count when I'm using the computer at the same time?
Of course not Wink
Maybe 4 to 5 hours a night otherwise I'm on the computer
I don't believe most of you. Alistair is near average, although not nightly.
In the UK most people watch soaps and there must be at least 6 x 30/45 mins of each a day. Do the maths.
Me! I don't watch any soaps and being deaf only watch news and nature progs and a quiz or two, but they must have teletext subtitles. Soaps/serials tie you in. I like being outside in the fresh air, unless there is a good soccer match on. So how am I doing so far/sofa.Big Grin 30 hours?Rolleyes
Wedding season - I don't have the time. Winter - I might watch 2-3 DVD's a week. I don't even watch the news on TV. If the cricket is on (like the Ashes) I will watch a bit though.

I am not into TV - but love DVD's. Probably have more than 200 now.