DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Zeiss Schmeiss...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yesterday i recived two new lenses.Big Grin

Nikkor 85mm/2,8 PC Micro
Zeiss ZF Makro-Planar T* 50mm/2

[Image: zf_50_1.jpg]

The build quality is unrivaled compared to nikons "modern" primes. Its simply marvelous.
Manual focus is very nice, and the focus ring is smooth and well damped.

I manged to mf pretty well with my D2X (i have the dk-17m with eyepiece) better then i thought initially. Remember im just a kid, i havent used film cameras nor full manual that much. lol
But iv ordered a Katzeye focus screen to make it easier to nail.

Quite sharp at F/2, and ca is very well controlled. It seems to render the highlights diffrently (or im just seeing things) in a good way as far as i can tell.But i will have to use it alot more to know for sure.

Sadly its pouring outside today so i havent had much time to try it out. But i managed to catch a few snaps with it yesterday.

Both wide open.

[Image: zf_1.jpg]
[Image: zf_2.jpg]

I sold my sigma 30mm/1,4 in favour of a upcoming purchase of the Zeiss 35mm/2. Wink Thats how pleased i am with it.

/Paul L.
One from today.

Straight from the camera, only resized(using best for reduction)/cropped the top a little.

[Image: zf_3.jpg]
awesome!
Yea its a great lens for sure. The snap of Zack was not planned, see the buttons on the shirt lol. Well at least he dressed him self this morning. Big Grin

Thanx for looking.

I will post some more soon.

/Paul L.
That lens is inspiring a whole new level of envy over here. My first experience with a camera was with my mother's Canon AE, with its primes' all-metal body and super-smooth focusing. It was a perfect little machine, at least to a six-year-old. It looks like your Zeiss is from the same design.
Yea its something special to handle a lens that is so well crafted.

Here is another snap of it. (barrel extended)

[Image: zf_50_3.jpg]

/Paul L.
Lovely shot of Zack - detail seems exceptional.
You must be in lens heaven Big Grin and as usual the photos of your children are great, love the one of Zac Wink
Thanx Chris & Pat!

Yes i really fell in love with the feel and performance of this lens. As of now i cant decide if im gonna get the 100/2 Makro planar (mainly for portraits and closeups) or the 35mm/2. Cant afford both right now.Will have to wait until next year for next lens purchase.Rolleyes

Im also over the moon over the 85mm/2,8 PC, but thats for another thread.Big Grin

Hopefully ill get some time to play with it outside today.

On a side note, the Makro planar 50mm/2 performs quite well at infinity so can be used for landscapes or similar aswell. In fact i tested it against my Nikkor 50mm/1,8 D and it matches the shaprness quite well at larger distances.

/Paul L.
One from this morning.
Iso:800 F/2

[Image: zf_6.jpg]

Iso:100 F/2
Managed to get a snap before it started to rain again.... :/
[Image: zf_5.jpg]

/Paul L.
Nice!
The smooth transition from sharp to out-of-focus, and the way it renders the oof zones is incredible.

What's the German word for bokeh?
Yea i really like how it renders oof areas.

Thats why im really considering getting the 100mm/2 Makro planar first, i could just imagine how well it render portraits and such. Tongue

/Paul L.