DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: web geek question...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm setting up a website for my aunt's business...

I've basically written a custom CMS package (php) so she can edit content through a web interface without e-mailing me everytime!!

One thing I haven't been able to solve yet is how she can edit the CSS file via web browser to adjust colours/background images, etc. I would only want certain elements of the CSS file accessible to her...

'fopen' seemed clumsy to me but I might try it if I can't find a cleaner way...

Anyone know of an existing script to do this? Ideas?
Ouchies... no... not really... you might have to do a search on php.resourceindex.com - they have some scripts for editing files.

I was putting together a website for my church once, and wanted an easy way for my pastor to update it without knowing html. I found tinyedit.com, which looked quite good.
an easier way might be to have a script that recreates the whole CSS file every time it is edited .. that way you wont have to play around as much
Ouch, I didn't realise the price now is like $120... back when I used it, it was free for non-commercial use. Sad
If you want you could pull aprat b2evolution or Wordpress (open source) they have a template editing function in it, as long at the file has the permision set correctly (CHMOD 776)