DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Shipment just landed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well - my pre-wedding season gear just landed from B & H. Ordered it Friday and it arrived Wednesday - all the way to Perth, Australia.

It was all very exciting opening the box. It has been some time since I ordered so much stuff. Gear that arrived as follows:

Canon 1.4 Teleconverter
Canon 15mm 2.8 Fish Eye lens
Canon 400mm L 5.6 lens
Canon 24mm TSE L 3.5 lens (I am going to have some fun with that baby)
Canon 24-105mm L 4 IS lens
Canon 16-35mm L 2.8 II lens
Canon 100mm Macro lens
Pocket Wizard x 3
Canon 580EX II Flash x 2
Canon External Power Pack for the Flash x 2
Arctic Butterfly Sensor Cleaner

I am going up to Darwin next week and will give everything a go while I am there.

Cheers,

Chris
What, no Lensbaby ?!?

Big Grin

That's quite the haul. I've only ever bought two new lenses at once, my 7-14 and 50-200. I can't imagine getting to know six new lenses, plus the teleconverter, plus the flashes all at once. But that looks like an awesome kit that can do pretty much anything. Congrats.

(All you're missing is a lensbaby.)
Ooo, nice! Looks like someone doesn't do things in halves! Big Grin

Looks like a great kit, Chris.... let us know how you go with the tilt shift! Big Grin
Wow! And I was feeling a bit nervous about ordering a new camera and two new lenses...Big Grin A nice trip to the tropics sounds like just the ticket to get everything working together! Have fun...
matthew Wrote:What, no Lensbaby ?!?

Big Grin

(All you're missing is a lensbaby.)
LOL - I had a lensbaby on the list and took it off! That would certainly be a cool wedding lens for some unique shots. I thought that I probably had enough stuff to try and get a handle on without adding a lensbaby to the list.
*googles 'lensbaby'* That haul must have cost quite a bit!
Did a shoot with the 100mm 2.8 Macro today. I am very impressed with this lens. I used to get some softness and CA in the corners with the 24-70L 2.8 when using it for product/macro work. However, this lens is sharp corner to corner - even on a FF 5D.

I love it and it is worth every $ I spent on it - very reasonably priced actually.
wowowow! So much gear!!!!!

Just wondering how much for POSTAGE on such a big load!!!! (if you don't mind sharing... just wondering Smile)

Also, did they charge GST, customs duty and all those taxes?

So many new things, I wouldn't know which one to start playing with first!

Did you buy it in time before the AUD went downwards?

Have a good trip to Darwin!
Wedding Shooter Wrote:LOL - I had a lensbaby on the list and took it off! That would certainly be a cool wedding lens for some unique shots. I thought that I probably had enough stuff to try and get a handle on without adding a lensbaby to the list.
I think you're right on both counts -- it is unique and it is a lot to handle all at once. I picked one up as a toy for my trip, and while I didn't use it much, I did get a few decent shots with it. I think it's going to be as addictive to me as it will be annoying to everyone else who has to look at the results. Something tells me you'll get one eventually. (I have a writeup thread with some photos in it in the lens forum if you're looking for some samples.)
Hi Adam,

UPS was $170 US to ship it to my door. GST was 10% of the total value. Unfortunately I got it when the Au $ went down a little. But I still saved $3000 AU on what I could buy it for here.

Matt - I am sure I will get one eventually.
Sheesh - you go for it when you order. mate!
wow Smile The shipping cost isn't as much as I had imagined. And only 6 days including weekends... I'm impressed! Big Grin