DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Reverse Lens Mount
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just picked up a reverse lens mount adaptor from ebay, for $23 including shipping from China. In case anyone doesn't know what i'm talking about, it's an adapter to allow you to mount your lenses backwards for macro photography.

[Image: mount-maf-demo.jpg]

I haven't got it yet, so i'll update on how it goes, but if it saves me having to spend hundreds on a macro lens, great!

The only downside is that I can't set the apeture manually on my lenses, so I'll be restricted to shooting at minimum apeture (f 36). On the bright side that'll give me a nice depth of field! I'll just have to make sure i have plenty of light, and/or use a high ISO and a tripod where possible. But when you're in my position if you can do something on the cheap, you do it!
My first macro photography was taken with a Raynox adapter for a fix lens in my panasonic.... I enjoyed so much my pictures with that adapter...

Good Luck with this reverse lens mount, I am sure you won't have any problems about light you always can shoot your macros with flash and you will have lovely detail...

Look forward to seeing your pictures ... Smile
Okay, I finally got the thing. First impressions are that it works well, although it's really hard to focus through a little tiny viewfinder using nought but your eye. Anyway, here are some test shots i took, of one of my Canadian quarters. I just used my came-with-camera 18-70mm lens.

#1. 70mm
[Image: DSC04098.jpg]

#2. 50mm
[Image: DSC04099.jpg]

#3. 35mm
[Image: DSC04100.jpg]

#4. 18mm (at this focal length, focussing was Really hard as the slightest camera shake was really noticeable)
[Image: DSC04104.jpg]
Man, I just can't get away from those darn Olympics in this town no matter how hard I try...
lol! poor toad.
That's very impressive. I just tried in on some quarters that I have lying around -- biathlon and downhill skiing, Toad -- and you're way past a 1:1 reproduction ratio at 18mm.

Canadians are such chronic underachievers -- when we make something to celibrate our country hosting the olympics, we still only make it in Silver. Big Grin
Lol!
That is pretty cool , i have seen those mounts but never really looked at buyin one . Makes me think trice now LOL ..

......... Shawn
Banded Drake Wrote:That is pretty cool , i have seen those mounts but never really looked at buyin one . Makes me think trice now LOL ..

......... Shawn
You wanting to get the droplets of blood at the ice rink.Tongue
O Canada la la la la la la

Wow 3 years away and they're already minting coins.
Hi StudioJ - good to see you back around Smile
NT73 Wrote:
Banded Drake Wrote:That is pretty cool , i have seen those mounts but never really looked at buyin one . Makes me think trice now LOL ..

......... Shawn
You wanting to get the droplets of blood at the ice rink.Tongue
LOL ! i always want a different angle and i think you might be onto something ....

....... Shawn
These are really amazing macros, RP. I like very much all details you have here. Did you have to sharpen your pictures? They look really nice. I like the way you presented these test images....

About the focus... I know it is very difficult. I tried just few days ago with mi adapter and the 85mm.. and I just could do it with my tripod.
Thanks Irma. And no, the only PP i did with these photos was upping the brightness a bit and resizing.
Hey that looks cool, and the results look excellent too!

I wonder what kind of stress it places on the front element of the lens though...