DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Hooray for Film
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Minolta Film SLR for $100 with 50 mm and 28 mm lens and cases as well as a dedictrated flash.
135 mm Minolta lens for $30
2x multiplier for telephoto for $5

Hooray for film.
Congratulations, Don!

There is nothing wrong with film, except maybe for the lack of immediate feedback. I too will give film a try next week. A workmate has promised to lend me his Rolleiflex for a few days. I'm looking forward to taking some 6x6 pictures. My dream is to have my own darkroom to develop negatives and slides, and a good scanner to make large resolution images.

Although I have to say that I probably won't go for it. I haven't got room for a darkroom in my flat to begin with. I live in the country side with no lab around - I'd have to trust the mail with my films for development. Also, medium format cameras and lenses are still costly, and I'm rather inclined to invest more in digital as I have already a lot of digital equipment. In the end, it will stay a dream...
I can tell you 35 mm equipment is very cheap. My 2x converter costs $5. For digital users, 35 mm full frame is large format.