DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Advice needed on mounting photos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone. I haven't been online for so long thanks to a major electrical problem in my house :/ I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year Wink

Anyway, I am wondering if anyone can help me. I am looking for a supplier that carries the thick card used for mounting photos with the borders. I can only seem to find suppliers who actually do the mounting for me which I don't want - I just want the card so I can do it all myself! I suppose it would help if I know what this stuff was actually called too Big Grin I have checked through the usual staionery shops etc but can't find anything suitable. Does anyone know of an Australian online shop that could help?

Thank you so much Big Grin
Try an art shop or craft shop. I believe it is called mountboard
It comes in many colours and costs around £4.00 sterling per sheet (guessing at 600 x 900 mm)
It is almost the same as the photo mount board.
I have just seen some with a black core colour as opposed to white.
Link to an english site
http://www.greatart.co.uk/GERSTAECKERMOU...raming.htm
But I don't know if they supply to OZ.

I have used similar to this myself, and if the colour is not exactly what you want, then it is possible to print your own colour on a sheet of A4, stick that to your mountboard and cut out your frame from that. Wink

p.s. use Altavista or Google to find "mountboard" or "art mountboard" and see what turns up.
Thank you! Wink
I am good with DIY, so I pick up all sorts of useless info, which comes in handy at times. Smile