DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Drawing from a Photo: Bus Stop on Regent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: regentbusstopSM.jpg]
I like it Don .... Smile
Those colors are so vivid... a very special scene as I see those bright colors along with leafless winter trees, and the person with the winter coat...
It is like seeing winter in summer mode... Wink

I would like very much that you include in your drawings the material you used, if that were possible.

And just a question, are you leaving some room in your drawings for framing? I was thinking about masking the edges so you could remove it later and use that edge to frame your drawing and not to lose any detail, but I like so much the irregular edge too.
[Image: winterstreetSM.jpg]

Here's the image

Hi Irma. I'll try to find the image I used--it's actually a combination of two images. I never mask the images. I put them on top of the mat under glass.

My problem is I'm accumulating so many pictures I don't know what to do with them. If you want one I'll send you one.
Thanks so much Don, I'd love to...
That is very kind of you. Of course I would be very proud to have one of your original drawings in my wall.... Smile

Yes, about material I wanted to say the kind of paint you use. I would say, for example, that in this one it looks like wax or crayon. I find very difficult to paint this way because I think it is not easy to mix colors. I tried just few days ago with pastel colors, and I found a bit troublesome, probably because my chalks are a bit hard and you can't diffuse color easily.

Just an idea with your drawings would be that you might bind them without sweing them like a book with a thin sheet of white paper in between not to hurt them. That way you even could store them by year and use them separately or as a series anytime you need.
I like it also. It reminds me of a Hockney. He is from my home town, and a few years ago he did the cover of the telephone directory.
Thanks guys. Binding original drawings is very hard. They are big and small. Pressure on them smears them and once smeared they are ruined. I do make photographic copies that go with my photos and in slide shows.

http://www.photoshow.net/viewshow/PD9aj6XU

also check http://www.saatchi-gallery.co.uk/yourgal.../index.php
Cool Drawing! It reminds me of my paintings at home... Smile
Thanks McC