DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Help me out here!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I found an MP3 of one of my musical creations, and thought I'd like to share it here. The only problem is, that even at 96 thingies-per-whatsit, it is still 5.5 Meg. How do I demo it to you all?

[Image: 93_say%20what.jpg]
96 thingies per whatsit - is that the sample rate? If it is perhaps reducing the sample rate to 44 kHz will help. Also, how long is your song?

Perhaps you could use ftp to share the file, but ST will have to tell us how to do it as I have no clue myself.
Yes, that's the sample rate.

The piece is 7+ minutes, and non repetitive, so I cant demo a clip. It's all or nothing.
I doubt 44 will make it that much smaller, probably about half the size, I suppose. That's still big though...............
If you have a MP3 editor - try messing with the parameters s to optimize for a smaller file - not sure what you are using to edit. A lower frame rate should significantly reduce the size - it is a classic tradeoff - quality vs bandwidth.
If it's 7+ minutes of barking or yelping or whining or panting, I'm not helping! Tongue
Hey Roo... maybe try dropload.com

You can upload up to 100 megs, and It'll be up for 7 days...
Also check to see if you've recorded it in 16-bit or 24-bit quality. Standard CD is 16-bit and 44.1kHz, so if you mirror those specs the mp3 size should drop significantly. But 2.5 MB is not much to download these days anyway...

Well, put it up somewhere and tell us where it is so we can listen to your canine composition... Big Grin
Hmmm

I checked dropload. It needs the e-mail addresses of all recipients, that's sounds risky.

It's 16 bit.

I cant edit it. It's a progression from start to finnish.

No, there is no panting, whining, barking etc in it.

I think you may find it interesting..... Maybe.

Any other ideas folks?
If you can, try WMA compression - the kBps can be set to a lower rate than mp3 and will still sound OK.

Then send it to me, Roo... I'll host it on shuttertalk Smile
2.67 meg wma, ST.

Thank you very much for the offer......

The only problem is, that I dont seem to be able to communicate with you, except through this forum. I dont even get e-mail prompts from subscribed links!!

:/
Yeah Roo.. it's a real problem isn't it? I keep getting bounced emails (about 10 or more a day) from the forums trying to notify you via your email address. It appears my host has problems routing email to your ISP. Sad

I did get your WMA file though, so I've posted it up:

http://www.shuttertalk.com/other/Rufus.wma

Very nice! I like the transition from the soothing bit to the more upbeat bit. Smile
OOOOOOOOH thank you for posting my ditty!!!!

http://www.shuttertalk.com/other/Rufus.wma

Big Grin
Hi could someone help me I bought a DGX 6in 1 Digital Camera with MP3 player but I do not know how to record with the thing (that is if you can) I would be gratefull for some help.