DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Voigtlander 58mm/1,4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My initial impression of this lens, is quite nice, especially consider the price tag.

Its suprisingly good wide open , still the "nervous" bokeh can be a bit distracting in some situations.

I havent noticed any overexposure at any F-stop, some users have reported this, but it seems they fixed it.

I really hate the facts its CPU lens, im so used to set the f-stop by the lens that i keep forgetting... grrr

While the lens is very similar to the ZF lenses regarding the build, its still not equal, the rubber focus grip is a good indication of that.

How it faires against my ZF 50/1,4 and ZF 50/2 ill yet have to test/see.

All in all, its a bargain lens, if your after a mf lens for portraits and dont have alot of money to spend you simply cant go wrong with this one.

Here is some pictures of the lens it self.

[Image: vg_58_1.jpg]

[Image: vg_58_2.jpg]

Some snaps, bare with me the weather is awful and i havent had much time to "test drive".

All images taken with the D2X + Voigtlander 58mm/1,4
Sharpening in camera set to 0, and no additional sharpening applied in post other then resized.

F/3,5
[Image: vg58_zf_collection.jpg]

F/1,4
[Image: lilly_vg58.jpg]

F/1,4
[Image: amy_vg58_1.jpg]

F/1,4
[Image: zack_vg58_1.jpg]

F/1,4
[Image: jemima_vg58_1.jpg]

F/1,4
[Image: leah_vg58_1.jpg]
I don't think it matters what lens you use, Paul. I reckon you could get just as good photos with a $5 disposable camera Tongue
Says it all RP. He even has the best looking models for free. Wink
Seems to be a bit of fall-off at the top right but, hey, squeezing out that extra stop(or is it a half? I never remember) makes a difference. A bargain!
Thanx guys, its a nice little lens for sure.

ZIG:All images (except the first shot)has vignette added in post, on a dx camera the fall-off is not a problem.

/Paul L.
beautiful all, equipment, pictures and kids! congratulations, Paul.

Uli
Thanx Uli!