DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: New Camera at last
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I've just purchased my next camera: a Sony a700. I'm staying with the sony line simply because i won't have to replace all the accessories as well.

I got one used but in new condition from Amazon.com for USD $1107 ($1187 Australian), as opposed to AUD $1900 in stores here.

Now I just have to wait until it gets here. Amazon wouldn't ship to Australia so I had it shipped to my fiancee's family in Seattle, where I'll pay for them to forward it on to Australia.

Soooo can't wait. And can't wait until I can get some better glass to compliment it, which I'm not going to do until i'm back in the US for my wedding/honeymoon, where I can get them much cheaper.
Congratulations!! should be lots of fun, I hear good things about this camera!

how long will it take to get to you?

Uli
no idea, i'm expecting about 3 weeks.
it's like waiting for santa, isn't it Wink
Congrats! So you managed to sell the A100?
Well, no. But Jen agreed that it was probably a good idea to strike while the iron is hot, so to speak. the A100 is still on the market.
Congratulations, the A700 is a great camera. I really like the feel and design of it.

There's nothing longer than the time that it takes for an eagerly anticipated package to arrive...
matthew Wrote:There's nothing longer than the time that it takes for an eagerly anticipated package to arrive...
Amen brother! Big Grin
Look forward to seeing some great pictures from the new Camera.
Congratulations!!

I also look forward to seeing your pictures ... Smile
Well it looks like i'm not getting it after all. The payment didn't go through for some reason, and i can't log into amazon no matter what (I KNOW I have the login correct) to contact the seller. I'm not even receiving the lost-password emails or replies to my tech support emails. Stupid Amazon. Don't think i'll be shopping there again. :/
Oh thats sad. I never had problems with Amazon UK, but I suppose sometimes things do go wrong. It is a good job you had not sold the A100. Those little one use kodaks are a bit naf.Big Grin
Congratulations
Sony A700 is one of the coolest camera I have ever seen! The specs and the style are totally awesome! But I still won't trade my Canon EOS Rebel XS Digital camera Smile no matter what. Hope your problems will be fixed soon! Have you contacted the support desk about it?