DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: panorama/mosaic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just wanted to have another go really, this time using 6 vertical shots.
I combined these in PTGui and ended up with an image of around 35 megapixels. I had to do this as a jpeg, as I'd still be there now with tiffs.
Even cropped to final image, the horizontal edge at 300 ppi is about 25 inches.
The blending was done with Enblend, then, as I had a couple of patchy bits(I was a bit lazy with the exposure, getting by without locking exposure and shooting maually), I layered in a blue grad on the sky.
Here's the websized result.
The shots were all handheld with an aperture of f11 and exposure of 1/200 sec, at the 200mm end of the Canon 70-200f4L

[Image: ploughcross200panoWEB.jpg]
I have to say that you're getting me hooked on the idea of shooting panoramas. I'm not sure how it'll work out with my usual selection of subjects, but I'm really liking the results that you're getting with yours. Thanks for including the how-to for this photo.
This picture feel good
Hello Zig, did you consider giving Autopano a go? It seems very fast with the files from D300. Pano from 5 RAW images takes minutes (2? 3?) to produce. You get 16 bit image that processes well in CS3. I am novice to pano, so you may have different requirements or expectations. I posted my 2 panos (one colour, one sepia) in 2 posts here. My skills are limited, but I see no obvious stiching artefacts. Just a thought...(99 Euro to buy) Pavel
I'm sure I did at one point Pavel...good point, I do get concerned about file sizes..so, I'll have another look; mind you, they may have upgraded PTGui by now and I might be able to get an offer..ta matey!