DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Pbase
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For those of you interested, I've organised some galleries of my stuff at Pbase here: It would be pleasure to have you drop in! Big Grin

ZigsStuffAtPbase
Nice pics zig... I really like the close up shots of the dragonfly..
God Bless
Why, thank you sir!
Cool! How do you find pbase compared to say flickr or smugmug? I was a pbase user when they first came out... were pretty good back then but I dropped out once they started charging...
The dragonfly detail, the swan, self portrait(1), baz... there's a lot to like.
Ta boys!Big Grin

To be honest, Jules, it was Rufus who'd been "hounding" me in a lo-key way to get a PBase a/c; I just followed his recommendation and liked the layout and presentation. I was glad I uploaded before seeing many others' galleries, as I've found there can be a very high standard: I would've been a bit put off.
Price? Well, it's the price per annum of a decent takeaway...and as I've had over 1300 hits in a week, I don't mind this. PBase feels a bit time-honoured: which I like..whereas flickr seems a little, er, "soap-opera tacky" to me. Smugmug? No idea: but with a name like Smugmug, it doesn't do itself any favours like, say "luminous landscape" does in its naming.
Considering how large it is, it's quite friendly, and I like the fact that one can follow someone else's "progress" in so many ways; the stats are cool too.
And I reckon, after having uploaded the best part of a couple of hundred images and only reached a tenth, if that, of my annual quota, there is scope to make of it what one chooses to. I particularly like the fact that with a little work, one's stuff can look very attractive indeed. I've heard a few gripes about the compression..and there are a few annoying tendencies here and there, but I'm glad I took the plunge. It's boosting my confidence a bit too.