DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: LCD Viewer Loupe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've always had trouble viewing the LCD on my camera in bright light. No matter hat they tell you--you can't. Hoodman sells a viewer loupe for pressing against the lcd screen to view it clearly with very slight magnification. I priced it and found that this little loupe would cost about 100 dollars with shipping. I made a loupe by putting a little soft foapm padding around an old fashioned simple slide viewer with the translucent back removed.It cost less than $5 if you can find them.

I mounted it on a neck strap using a rubber band.

[Image: lcdviewerloupSM.jpg]
Wow! Ingenious! Does it work well? Do you just see magnified pixels, or does it help you to see more detail?
Thanks. Yes it does. The slide magnifyer is only about 2x. You can see the pixels but it's almost looking a ground-glass texture. The image is clear enough to evaluate sharpness. Make sure you get a low magnification loupe.
Wow! Then magic, we feel very OK!
Good idea, Don.
You can buy one from Hoodman in the states. I priced at $60 with another $40 for shipping to canada.