DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Pulling Out My Minolta Film SLR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I went out on Sunday to take pictures in the area again. I was a big shot strutting around with two camera bodies. At first the Minolta X370 was equipped with a 75-205 mm lens and a 2x telextender (yielding 410 mm) and my Nikon D40 had my 10-20 mm Sigma. After lugging this combination around for an hour I went back home and switched to the 35mm Minolta with a .46x attachment (yielding 16mm) for the Minolta and my old faithful 44-200 mm Nikkor for the Nikon D40. That was a lot easier to carry. I must say it was good to carry two focal lengths since I didn't have to change lenses. I looked like a real hotshot walking around and that made me feel good. I'm glad nobody bought the Minolta when I tried to sell it. It's still fun to use.
One of the things that makes me think that I will not sell my camera even if I upgraded is this Don. To have a second body/camera is just great.
It is. Thanks Irma.
This is a different Don than the one who was concerned that getting a kit upgrade might be in some way an act of hubris: good for you, Don, good for you! Big Grin
Call me fearless Don. I shake my fists at the gods.