DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Uh oh...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Uh oh... I thought my batteries were flat when I turned on my camera yesterday and it switched itself off again a few seconds later after displaying a big red flashing battery icon.

So I recharged the batteries, and plonked them in again, and.... same thing!! Tried swapping the batteries around, charging them, etc., and still the same problem. Uh oh...

So I think it's either my camera is buggered, or the batteries, or the charger. I certainly hope it's not the former. I'll have to drag out my manual and look at the troubleshooting section, methinks.

Any other suggestions people? Sad
Have you tried brand new batteries (non-rechargeables)?
While you ahve time race down the shop and grab some every readys (or good brand not cheapo) and try it, might teach you from buying from ebay =P
Yeah, i'll probably do that. *crosses fingers*

I suppose that's the risk you take buying from evil-bay or from overseas. Sad

If I were to buy a DSLR though, there's no way I'd do that - it would be straight from the local camera shop.
shuttertalk Wrote:If I were to buy a DSLR though, there's no way I'd do that - it would be straight from the local camera shop.
What ever you do make sure that local shop isn't Harvey Norman or Domane (spelling?)
Ok, I popped into the supermarket and bought a set of alkalines (thanks for the tips guys) and the camera works. Phew.

Now, to find out whether it's my batteries or charger that have gone fishing... I just bought them earlier this year - PowerHaus 2300 mah and rapid charger. Sad
Shututtertalk I bought the EXACT same batteried/charger with my camera and on the 2nd charge the charge unit (I tired both car and wall leads) crapped it self, the battereies are great batteried just the charger is crap, do you rember if it had a waranty on it, I don't know where my box (blister pack package) is (I know I have it) if it has warnty I will dig it up because if that is two of us who got lemons their is deffinately something shmonky happening here.
How old is the battery? Eventually they do lose their ability to hold a charge.
When my charger dies it was about 2 weeks old
batters are as old as camera for me, and that is about 10months, I doubt it is the batteries
Hm... sounds like the charger then dewy.

Mitch, the batteries came with the charger.
Do you rember if they had a warany, iirc it had a one year or some thing =|