DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Please advise photography trip on Nefoundland or Prince Edward Island
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

A friend of mine and I are planning to go on another photography trip together. We are thinking of Nefoundland or Prince Edward Island, although we are not really commited to the locations. We want something not too turisty, with nice old towns and villages, nice sea and cliffs, streams and forrests - you get the idea. The trip may take about 10 days. I would greatly appreciate photography-centric recommendaitons. Thanks guys.

Pavel
Hi Dreaming:

I have been to both Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland, and both are incredibly picturesque. PEI is very small, and 10 days will be lots unless you are into relaxation in a big way. It has some great sites to photograph - particularly on the north and west coasts in my opinion. It is very laid back and pleasant.

Newfoundland can easily consume 10 days. It is both wild and old with a million things to photograph. I have a lot of photos on this website from Newfoundland where I visited for 2 weeks in 2005. If you go in the spring, icebergs are common close to shore. All seasons have a wealth of things to see. I prefer the east coast of Newfoundland - Trinity, Cape Spear, Bonavista, etc. but many people also really like the wild west coast.

For a 10 day holiday focused on Photography, I would go with Newfoundland - just my $.02.
Thank you very much for your help. Pavel