DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Cheap 5GB Compact Flash Drives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 6067520217563832.JPG]
Quote:That was fast: Creative’s new 5GB MuVo² FM has only been on the market for hardly anytime at all, but just like somebody did with those earlier MuVo players, the good hackers over at VR-Zone have already figured out how to remove the tantalizing prize hidden within: a CompactFlash-compatible mini 5GB hard drive from Seagate that you can pop into a digital camera or a PDA. Yeah, normally we wouldn’t advise wasting your time on buying a brand new gadget just to cannibalize it for parts, but seeing as how a 4GB CompactFlash card’ll easily set you back close to $500 while the new MuVo² FM only retails for around two hundred and fifty bucks or so, it’s a pretty nice deal. Plus you can pop an older, lower-capacity CompactFlash card in there and it’ll work just fine.

Read about how to do it here
lol.... that's funny Smile
I know I will deffinately look into if i get a camera that uses one of these cards =)
haha go the CF cardS!
only thing is that devices liek this use Microdrives more than solid state Media ...
so generally the cards are cheaper ne wayz...
haha, I saw that on another forum also, and he's selling the drive...

but I've got enough storage for now Smile
hey adam... good to see you back! Smile

Did you get your x-drive thingy? do post some stuff on it! Smile
i did a firmware updat eo nit ,,
and now it doesnt work .,. .
haha

its a compact Drive PD7X ...
for more just find it on dpreview..thay have the stats on the speed and stuff on there ,,