DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Test of Dfine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Test of dfine software - noise reduction. I went a little nuts in the lower left corner and probably elsewhere as well. I do not have a feel for it yet.

Noise reduction applied
[Image: Dfine-noise-reduction-Syracusa-applied-reduction.jpg]

Original
[Image: Dfine-noise-reduction-Syracusa-original.jpg]
Hi Pavel,

I think that the top image suffers from a very noticeable reduction in sharpness. Have you look at the software from Noiseware:
http://noiseware.com/nwpg.aspx
I think that you can download a free demo copy that applies a watermark to photos. I tired it a while ago, and thought that it did a pretty good job with some jpegs I had taken at ISO 400 with a 4 MP Canon

Gary
Do not take my bad job as an indication of the software - I blew it and should not have posted it. Pavel
Hi, Pavel! Oddly, you recently advised me to refrain from experimenting with too many software items. Hmmm

Regards.....Dennis
How right you are. I could not resist. Hmmm. Pavel
Of the two I find I'm much more interested in the original. I don't mind the look of luminance noise, but I do find the lack of definition in the treated image to be bothersome. In my experience noise rarely shows in the final prints.
I agree Mathew. I should have never posted this. I just got carried away and I was incredibly heavy handed. Thanks Pavel