DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Art And Technology
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I found this in Kiel, near the harbour. I like the contrast of the sculpture and the cranes. I wish there hadn't been so many other things in the background, though... If you have any ideas how to improve this picture, don't hold back, please!

[Image: Art%20And%20Technology.jpg]
It's also a contrast of masculine and feminine. It would be neat if you could separate the foreground from the background better.

--Don
I like it - the color and sharpness of the foreground is great - maybe a very slight blur on the background or use of a simplifier like Buzz would provide the separation that Don suggests without losing the symetry of the forms.
hrmm .. yeah ..some contrasting between the foreground and bacground would be good.. other wise .. its a great find ..
Don said:

............................."a contrast of masculine and feminine.........."

Rufus said:

'Eh? I thought they were giant downpipes from a big motorbike!! :o
Thanks for the advise, folks! I blurred the background and now it looks like this:

[Image: ArtAndTechno.jpg]

BTW if you see some artefacts in the picture: I went the whole distance and worked two hours on the details, just to find that my bl**dy PSP9 couldn't reopen it's own file. :x So I had to do it all again, but this time I did it fast and with a lot less enthusiasm. I really hate to do the same work twice.
hey really well done on the 2nd one. it's such an interesting shot, and much better without the background clutter. awesome! Smile
cools ...
Great photo. The bur really improves it.
--Don