DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Balsa wood DSLR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you've ever wanted to make a life size model of a pro DSLR but in balsa wood, here's your chance!\

[Image: pho_5-1.jpg]

http://www.canon.com/camera-museum/desig...a/1_f.html

I must admit that it's one of the weirder projects I've seen, but it looks great, and it's from the Canon Museum. Big Grin
That's good. About the right weight for me.
Is it digital balsa or will any sort do? Rolleyes
Pity it isn't a balsa wood Nikon, it won't work with my lenses.
Lens Mount?
Yes

Viewfinder?
Yes

Hot Shoe?
Yes

That's all I need... Big GrinTongueCool
You could play great jokes with that if you painted it black so it looked like a real camera. For instance, you see this guy taking photos with the real version, on a cliff or something, and while he's not looking, grab his camera and hide it, then when he turns around, chuch the balsa one over the cliff.
But is it weatherproof?
I bet you that the Balso wood costs more Rabid. Pavel
I would ask for help - the viewfinder does not seem to show the ISO setting. P OOps - may be it does?
Rabid Penguin Wrote:You could play great jokes with that if you painted it black so it looked like a real camera. For instance, you see this guy taking photos with the real version, on a cliff or something, and while he's not looking, grab his camera and hide it, then when he turns around, chuch the balsa one over the cliff.
I like the way you think...! Big Grin

Next: make a white Canon lens out of styrofoam to go with your balsa wood DSLR! Big Grin
Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinTongue
Rabid Penguin Wrote:You could play great jokes with that if you painted it black so it looked like a real camera. For instance, you see this guy taking photos with the real version, on a cliff or something, and while he's not looking, grab his camera and hide it, then when he turns around, chuch the balsa one over the cliff.
except he might chuck YOU off the cliff to go retrieve it! :o