DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Bose Personal Amp system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone heard about Bose's new Personal Amp system? Seen/heard it in action? Know people who have?

It's basically an amplification system where a cylindrical speaker tower is connected to a base unit (which is the power amp) and you plug in your mics and instruments into that base and use that to perform live. No more having to worry about front of house speakers, or stage monitors, wondering if what the audience is hearing thru FOH is what you're hearing thru your monitors, etc.

So of you were a solo guitarist-vocalist, all you'd have is the base unit, tower, mic, guitar and yourself. Pretty clean for a stage setup. Reading over the posts in the forums, it seems like it works very well.

Check out bose.com and click on the section 'Products for Musicians' and check it out! Smile
yeah my mate's dad sells Bose and does P.A and sound installs for churches, function centers etc......

He was telling me about it and he seemed very impressed with it
No kidding???? It's here in Australia already? I was under the impression that it wasn't available down here yet.

Where can I get one? Big Grin
Oooh... how muchy? Let's get that for church, dave! Smile
Quote:No kidding???? It's here in Australia already?
I'm not sure if he has it in stock or what. He was just telling me about it...........

But sometimes he has gotten 'demo' models in as he is a seller before it is actually available in Australia so maybe he has one of those???
Hey ST, if you can afford one of those (I expect it'll cost around $3,000 to $3,500 for one unit), get it instead of the PA systems you've been looking at. It has 2 XLR inputs (mic) and 2 unbalanced inputs (guitar, keyboard, etc).