DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Just thought I would let you know that......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I picked up my new Imac 24" today and am now clearing a room to put it in. Rolleyes Kind of big innit Big Grin
Everything is a bit new with it, so my work is cut out learning how to use it. Not on the net yet though, this is with the pc.
Congratulations - they are a touch large. But once you see that beautiful screen, it's all worth it.
I cant find my back arrows Big Grin

Actually I prefer my 19" HP monitor..but just maybe I will get used to it.
Should I buy mac for dummies, or mac os for dummies?
Congrats! Welcome to the fruity side...

If you're not sure how to do something, try searching forums first - macrumors.com is pretty helpful. Big Grin
It's coming slowly...:/ ,, I have got the Keyboard shortcuts printed out Rolleyes Big Grin
Yeah the cmd key instead of ctrl key takes a bit of getting used to...
Just came across this today - 20 websites every apple fan must bookmark. Big Grin

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/20-websites...-bookmark/
Congratulations!!!
Thanks. Now to get my bank balance up again. Rolleyes
I need a pair of 6 guns and a triangular neckerchief...Oh and a horse for a quick getaway. Big Grin
Maybe a suit of armour too... Big Grin
I thought of ned kelly before I got the link Wink

Can a photo have it's filename changed permanently.
I have tried a few methods with Mac but always finish up with more than one version when I use spotlight to find them.
Usually one with a high KB and another with about 60-90 kb. But if I delete the little one the photo disappears. (It is as though a data file is linked.)
If not then I will have to export to windows, change it, and then import back.

Meanwhile how is the new/slighly new arrival. Smile