DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Ads on Shuttertalk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently I noticed that certain ads were appearing right on top of some posted photos. This makes it difficult to appreciate the images and certainly discourages comments. What's with this? Is it just my monitor? If everyone is experiencing this, I'm sure that the members would appreciate the ads to appear off the images and would be more likely to patronize the sponsors.

Regards.....Dennis
It happens occasionally, you can usually make it stop and appear normally by refreshing the page. Julian is aware of the issue.
Hey guys, Toad made me aware of the issue a couple of weeks back but I wasn't aware that it was happening to anyone else...

In the forums there are 2 horizontal ads - one after the first post, and one after the last post on a page. Which one is it happening to?

If it's too much of a problem I'll look at disabling it...
Never had a problem with the ads wandering into unwelcome territory.

Sounds like a browser problem to me.
It is only this forum on which I've seen it happen, with both firefox and explorer, each on two different computers. I am sure it is not a browser problem.

I recently posted this as an example in another thread:
http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/images...tingad.jpg

As EnglishBob says, refreshing the page makes it go away, but it's annoying.
If it's getting annoying, I'll take them off the forums... Smile
Hey all, just letting you know that I've taken the ads off the forums...

Hope that makes everyone's ST experience a little better... Big Grin

Do let me know if you're continuing to see further problems...

Jules
Jules, I wonder if you relocated them to, say, the top of the thread, rather than below the first post, if it would help. My thinking is that the problem is that split-second when the first post resizes to fit a picture, and somehow the ad gets stuck. If the ad were above the post, it wouldn't be affected. Anyway, it's not that big a deal, and I'm sure no one wants to eliminate a possible revenue stream for you. Cool
Hey Mitch, don't worry about it - I'll just leave them off for the time being. Will be moving to new site with new template soon... Big Grin

But thanks for the suggestion... Big Grin