DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Anyone Have A Spare Bass?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After 25 years spent on the production end of things, I am returning to the stage as bassist for the band I always liked best.
This project is a secret for now, and will include studio work culminating in a CD of original music so I get to flex my ProTools recording chops again.

But learning bass parts on a guitar this week is a bit of a drag, and does nothing to help my fingers get in shape.
I have to wait until Thursday to bring home the white Fender Jazz bass I'll be using for all the standard tuning songs.
Cool

I think I'll be pestering my main band's bassist to borrow his Thunderbird for gigs--just because it looks so cool.
Congratulations - on your not so secret gig...
Likewise. Smile
Plush Video

Shot with a Sony H1 clamped to the headstock of a nice Ibanez bass with Bartolini active pickups and three-band EQ.
It's the "recording" bass because the tone is fat and sweet.
The BassCam was inspired by 1980s MTV.

Possum Kingdom Video

I have the white Fender Jazz (MIM) at home now, and it needs some work--a good cleaning, new strings, lower the action, adjust the truss rod, and then re-do the intonation.
And StrapLoks.
And maybe a new strap, with skulls on it. Cool
Hey Keith, that was cool! What a unique angle...

Are those covers or original tracks? Either way sounding really cool! Big Grin