DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: A quick update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 530971163_RDuFF-L.jpg]

The engagement ring that I gave my (former) girlfriend two nights ago, shot with my D700 and 85mm pc-e lens.

Big Grin
Woooo congrats! How exciting! Have you set a date?
I'm assuming you took the photo before you gave it to her, as I can't see any woman taking her engagement ring off Tongue And congratulations. You're about to have a whole lot less time for photography!
woooooooooo con grats!
Jules, it is exciting - I've been useless all week. (More than usual.) There's no firm date yet, but it'll be in a year or year-and-a-half - it depends on where we want to go on vacation.

RP, you're absolutely right - the photo above was shot around 3am after I got it, and then I took some more photos on Monday when she was at work. But there's no worries about enough time for photography; since I planned the engagement I've told Penny that she gets to plan the wedding. (I'm not sure that'll fly.)

Adam, thanks.

[Image: 528776704_MwR2d-L.jpg]

Funny - I thought my buying a Nikon would get the bigger reaction. Big Grin
A fiance AND a new camera....life just doesn't get any better than that. Congratulations, Matthew!

Regards.....Dennis
Congratulations and best wishes.
Ahaha yeah I was going to ask about the D700 but thought I'd better be politically correct... Big Grin
Oh! More baby pictures.........Watch this space Big Grin
Congrats Matthew!
Dennis, you're absolutely right. The only odd thing is that I paid for both the camera and the ring... not sure how that works, but they're both worth it.

Don, thanks.

Jules, I think you meant to say "but my wife was nearby." Big Grin

NT, that's not gonna happen.

Rob, thanks.
Congratulations on both your acquisitions!