• Forum posts:109,555
  • Forum threads:16,648
  • Members:12,317
  • Latest member:AntonUnamn

Posted by: shuttertalk
Jun 23, 2004, 23:41
Forum: Main Photography Discussion
- Replies (7)

I am still experimenting, this is my first camera, so I do a bit of everything, doing a lot of lanscapes tho, little macro =)

Print this item

Posted by: ramboy
Jun 23, 2004, 23:28
- Replies (9)

Great shot adam... but can't see the ghost... maybe I need new glasses... Big Grin

Print this item

Posted by: Mr_Gadget
Jun 20, 2004, 06:58
- Replies (7)

Thanks dude...

Print this item

Jun 15, 2004, 21:12
- Replies (12)

A lot has changed in almost four years -- the cameras in phones have gotten much better, but compact digital cameras also suck a lot less than they used to.

Ultimately I don't think camera phones have really replaced any cameras. Serious photographers are still buying DSLRs -- even more now than they were a few years ago, as the quality has improved so much and the price as come down to being cheaper than some compact cameras. Casual photographers are still buying compact cameras, both for the image quality and because camera-phones haven't filled the psychological niche that the P&S have. How many people walk into a mobile phone store because they need to capture images of their baby's first steps or want lots of photos from their upcoming vacation?

What has changed is that now almost everyone has a camera with them, and might actually remember that they have it when something significant happens, or they want to remember the price of a pair of shoes. Mobile phones have filled the camera niche downwards, but not upwards.

Print this item

Jun 9, 2004, 21:28
- Replies (11)

Hi Nioto, and welcome to Shuttertalk! Great of you to drop by, and thanks for the feedback too.

I must admit, that I haven't tried out PixVillage yet, but did give Hello a whirl, which I believe is similar. I agree with dewy - being a relatively new software, I found that not many others had the software too, which made it kinda boring. Finding others, or maybe like ICQ random chat(?) thing would be great, to find photographers who share the same interests that you could share photos with.

Print this item

Jun 9, 2004, 17:13
- Replies (23)

wow ..
ill have to have alook thru this ^___^

Print this item

Jun 7, 2004, 00:59
- Replies (10)

Image quality is overwhelmingly the most important feature - that's what photography is all about - the image is KING!

However for me, ease of use is the next most important thing in a camera. I don't want to spend time fiddling with a camera to get it to work how I want when I could be taking pictures or enjoying my holiday, for example.

Print this item

Jun 7, 2004, 00:43
- Replies (7)

Yes .. .especially the New cybershot u .. water proof and just the right shape to have hidden up my sleve .. for those unsuspecting victims of photography ^^

yeah ... 270 dollar battery grip ..
or a couple of third part batteries ... ? .. the choice is clear .. unless ur a compulsive verticle shooter. ..

Print this item

Jun 6, 2004, 19:14
- Replies (28)

I don't need to be "accurate." I treat my photographs like poems. I want to tell the truth but I don't have to be literal. I use post processing to cope with the limitations of my camera and my photographic situations and opportunities. I use post processing to make a statement by exaggeration and emphasis. Taste is the guide not accuracy.

--Don

Print this item

Jun 5, 2004, 09:17
- Replies (13)

Hello Adam!

You are a most prolific contributor. Maybe the most!
Smile

Print this item