DSLR Photography Forum
Pictures from Earth... - Printable Version

+- DSLR Photography Forum (https://www.shuttertalk.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Digital Photography Forum (https://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Photo Showcase (https://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: Pictures from Earth... (/thread-11266.html)

Pictures from Earth... - Irma - Dec 18, 2010

I took this pictures inspired by the memories of those satellite images one see on television showing our planet... These are pictures of one of my dearest trees near the lake. It has been dead already for few years and what I love the most is to see that even it is laying there in the middle of the forest, giving a sad impression, when you come closer and you start exploring the wood, you find so much life on it... Smile I tend to think that he died to give life to others, this makes to me the scene more comfortable. This tree has given me some very beautiful pictures. I am sure I have posted some already here. This is a new series.

"Planet Earth"

[Image: IMG_5307-Edit.jpg]

"Black Hole"

[Image: IMG_5571-Edit.jpg]

Thanks for looking, I hope you like them.... Smile

Pictures from Earth... - Zig - Dec 18, 2010

But of course! Great! Lovely imagination and vision....
My, I am really getting quite inspired by you all of late. Thank you!

Pictures from Earth... - matthew - Dec 18, 2010

Fascinating images, the second one especially could pass for a high-altitude landscape photo. Excellent seeing and very nicely done.

I've heard that a fallen tree will support a variety of life for many, many years, making them very important for the health of the forest. Unfortunately the parks here are heavily groomed and managed, because now I'd like to go find one…

Pictures from Earth... - Toad - Dec 18, 2010

I think that you are saying something important here. Intellectually, we all know that there is a cycle whereby living things exist for a while and then are recycled back into the fold. Trees understand this, and so they live forever in a more holistic sense.

What I like is that you have taken that theme and raised the stakes by presenting the cycle as satellite imagery. Bravo!

Pictures from Earth... - Irma - Dec 19, 2010

Thanks so much for your comments... Smile

Matthew, I hope you find one, sometimes I see this tree as a kid would see a sand box ... Wink

Pictures from Earth... - NT73 - Dec 19, 2010

I can see the similarity of clouds and land in No 1., with the astronauts photo of 'The Blue Planet', as well as Matthew and Toad's description of satellite imagery. Well discovered Irma.Smile

Pictures from Earth... - Don Schaeffer - Dec 20, 2010

These are great

Pictures from Earth... - Irma - Dec 20, 2010

NT73 Wrote:I can see the similarity of clouds and land in No 1., with the astronauts photo of 'The Blue Planet', as well as Matthew and Toad's description of satellite imagery. Well discovered Irma.Smile
Yes NT, that was the idea in #1. I tried to work this picture only with blue but it didn't work very well. I was a bit sad because I couldn't make it work... I think you just gave me the title of my picture....

Thanks!

Don, I am very happy you liked them.

Pictures from Earth... - Wedding Shooter - Dec 20, 2010

Great vision Irma.