DSLR Photography Forum
Not sure about this. - Printable Version

+- DSLR Photography Forum (https://www.shuttertalk.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Digital Photography Forum (https://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Main Photography Discussion (https://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Not sure about this. (/thread-12058.html)

Not sure about this. - Warren - Feb 22, 2012

Dont know if this is the correct place in the forum to post or even post at all.

here goes, I have started TAFE for Photoimaging Cert 1V and will finish in 2014 (that will make me 54Blush)
Anyway as we all know Photography is costly and an annamed person told me he sold his car many many moons ago just to buy a Nikon 600mm Lens!

My question is, I have a Nikon D300s & F5 (for film) but one lens.. can a sponsorship be obtained so I can get 2 lenses?

yes I know can sell a kidney to get a 70-200 2.8 VR11 etc etc of see them on Ebay/Gumtree also but when you dont have $2k to toss about for a second hand lens it makes it darn hard to shoot with just a 50mm 1.8 lens rotating on 2 bodies.

If anyone can help/advise I would be very appreciativeBig Grin

RE: Not sure about this. - shuttertalk - Feb 22, 2012

Hmm not sure about sponsorship, but if you could look for opportunities to perhaps intern with a pro, or maybe work as a photographer's assistant you might be able to get access to gear and learn heaps at the same time.

Maybe others here might have some suggestions too...

RE: Not sure about this. - Warren - Feb 22, 2012

(Feb 22, 2012, 01:37)shuttertalk Wrote:  Hmm not sure about sponsorship, but if you could look for opportunities to perhaps intern with a pro, or maybe work as a photographer's assistant you might be able to get access to gear and learn heaps at the same time.

Have tried that, the photographers here in Wollongong are VERY selfish and hate to have someone tag along.. one response I got was "I want all the credit, you may get the shot I dont so I cant have you tag along"... not the type of thing you really want to hear, should be a community/family ready to help!

Having said that my area where I live is flooded with photographers (only a few make a decent living though.

RE: Not sure about this. - Scottbad - Mar 1, 2012

(Feb 22, 2012, 01:42)Warren Wrote:  
(Feb 22, 2012, 01:37)shuttertalk Wrote:  Hmm not sure about sponsorship, but if you could look for opportunities to perhaps intern with a pro, or maybe work as a photographer's assistant you might be able to get access to gear and learn heaps at the same time.

Have tried that, the photographers here in Wollongong are VERY selfish and hate to have someone tag along.. one response I got was "I want all the credit, you may get the shot I dont so I cant have you tag along"... not the type of thing you really want to hear, should be a community/family ready to help!

Having said that my area where I live is flooded with photographers (only a few make a decent living though.

I don't have any advice other than what shuttertalk has said, but (I don't know if you'd be willing to do this) you could give all the credit to whoever you're working under. If you get the good shot, say it's theirs. It's not ideal but it might be worth giving up some shots in the short term for long term success.

Also, tell them there's more of a chance of getting good shots if there are two versus if there is only one photographer.