DSLR Photography Forum
Forcing Inspiration - Printable Version

+- DSLR Photography Forum (https://www.shuttertalk.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Digital Photography Forum (https://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Main Photography Discussion (https://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Forcing Inspiration (/thread-17542.html)

Forcing Inspiration - washington1775 - Jun 19, 2017

Hello,

Was looking for inspiration and decided to go for a walk with just my Macro lens. I find if I limit myself to just one lens with limited capability it forces me to be creative when I shoot. How do you force creative inspiration? Here are some samples of photos I took:

RE: Forcing Inspiration - EnglishBob - Jun 19, 2017

I find if I have to "force" creativity it really works for me. If I am in a rut (and it happens often) going through some of my older images or even watching youtube videos and digging through the older forum posts I can sometimes find something to fire me up or inspire me.

Like the first one the most, the DoF and colours are great.

RE: Forcing Inspiration - GrahamS - Jun 20, 2017

I like all three. Very well done.

RE: Forcing Inspiration - EdMak - Jun 20, 2017

Very well forced. Ed.

RE: Forcing Inspiration - washington1775 - Jun 20, 2017

(Jun 19, 2017, 16:59)EnglishBob Wrote:  I find if I have to "force" creativity it really works for me.  If I am in a rut (and it happens often) going through some of my older images or even watching youtube videos and digging through the older forum posts I can sometimes find something to fire me up or inspire me.

Like the first one the most, the DoF and colours are great.
EnglishBob,

I agree, going through your older images is also a great way to rejuvenate your creative mind. I forgot about some of my images but find them again when I go through my old stuff. I find it interesting how my photography changes. It inspires me to keep my camera with me at all times to keep shooting.

Chris

(Jun 20, 2017, 02:20)GrahamS Wrote:  I like all three.  Very well done.
Graham,

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate it very much. 

Chris

(Jun 20, 2017, 09:40)EdMak Wrote:  Very well forced.  Ed.
Ed,

Thanks for your comment.

Chris

RE: Forcing Inspiration - GrahamS - Jun 21, 2017

Because we are all photographers, and photography is a creative process, we are all creative by nature. Our mood dictates the direction of our creativity at any particular time. It's recognising that creativity that's the trick - sometimes it's hammering on the back door of our subconscious but we are too pre-occupied with other things to notice. We should pay more attention.

Of course, carrying a camera at all times will help force that attention to the fore.

RE: Forcing Inspiration - washington1775 - Jun 25, 2017

(Jun 21, 2017, 01:52)GrahamS Wrote:  Because we are all photographers, and photography is a creative process, we are all creative by nature.  Our mood dictates the direction of our creativity at any particular time.  It's recognising that creativity that's the trick - sometimes it's hammering on the back door of our subconscious but we are too pre-occupied with other things to notice.  We should pay more attention.

Of course, carrying a camera at all times will help force that attention to the fore.
Well said GrahamS. It is easy to ignore our creative subconscious by allowing everyday life to distract. Yes, we must fight the good fight and remind ourselves to pay attention. The problem is reminding ourselves to remind ourselves. Carrying a camera with you always is a great way to be inspired. 

Chris

RE: Forcing Inspiration - maisie - Aug 21, 2017

The last photo seems to me the most successful, in fact it is not easy to get such a beautiful picture unexpectedly!