DSLR Photography Forum
Screen protectors for LCDs - Printable Version

+- DSLR Photography Forum (https://www.shuttertalk.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Digital Photography Forum (https://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Main Photography Discussion (https://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Screen protectors for LCDs (/thread-461.html)

Screen protectors for LCDs - shuttertalk - Aug 12, 2004

Does anyone use screen protectors for their LCDs? My old Nikon digicam LCD got a scratch when it dropped from my car seat... more cosmetic than anything, but still annoying.

Are there screen protectors for digicams? They're pretty common for PDAs...

Screen protectors for LCDs - Cailean - Aug 12, 2004

Hey, I never thought of that... I should trim one of my PDA screen protectors and stick on my Panny! Thanks, ST!

Screen protectors for LCDs - shuttertalk - Aug 12, 2004

Heheh, let me know how you go. I tried that for my S5000, but looked a bit odd so I took it off. Wink

Screen protectors for LCDs - R3N - Aug 31, 2005

Sorry about reviving an old post, was just going through them.

Screen protectors are a very good idea, I use them on my mobile phone, having to cut them to shape/size is abit tricky but there are pre-cut ones out there that are available. One of the things I like about my D70 is that there is a plastic LCD protector but this gets in the way with it getting fogged up and smudges.

I will be ditching that for a stick on protector soon. A tip when looking for screen protectors is to get the "removable" kind so they don't leave a sticky residue and if you don't stick it right the first time, you can always remove it and reapply.

Screen protectors for LCDs - shuttertalk - Aug 31, 2005

Yeah, the sticky ones are a pain to apply and remove. The removable kind you mention is great IMHO... I've heard EXIM ones are good...

Screen protectors for LCDs - Don Schaeffer - Aug 31, 2005

I used one for a while for my A70. It had bubbles in it which eventually cleared. But the edges kept coming loose especially when I staarted putting viewing hood on. I just tolerate a certain amount of low grade scratching.

By the way, my kit came with a polish to remove scratches. On a scale from 1-10 I would rate it 5.

--Don

Screen protectors for LCDs - EnglishBob - Sep 1, 2005

I use the same ones from my Ipaq on my Rebel screen.

Screen protectors for LCDs - Petographer - Sep 1, 2005

I have had extremely good luck with the screen on my DRebel. It is very durable and doesn't scratch all that easily. "Knock on wood." Mine doesn't have a mark on it.
Hoodman has a protector that snaps into place and also has a new kind specially for the DRebel that I saw in Shutterbug magazine. It snaps into place and flips open to shade the light.

Screen protectors for LCDs - Toad - Sep 1, 2005

I'm with Don on this one. I don't like the lossy quality of screen protectors. iPod scratch remover works a charm for removing monor scratches on LCD screens.