DSLR Photography Forum
Inspiration - Printable Version

+- DSLR Photography Forum (https://www.shuttertalk.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Digital Photography Forum (https://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Main Photography Discussion (https://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Inspiration (/thread-758.html)

Inspiration - potplant - Sep 15, 2004

photography is a creative art form… just wondering where everyone draws their inspiration from? or is everyone here a genius in their own right?

Inspiration - jericho - Sep 15, 2004

I still classify myself as a newbie+, and therefore liken my inspiration to that of a sponge.

I do enjoy B&W more than color, and landscape a bit more than anything else. I'll keep an eye on this post for other responses.

Jerry

Inspiration - StudioJ - Sep 15, 2004

Many hours looking through Playboy and these days I don't have to say I'm reading it for the articles, now its called inspiration Smile

Inspiration - slejhamer - Sep 15, 2004

15 years ago I might have said "potplant."

Tongue

Inspiration - StudioJ - Sep 15, 2004

I refuse to comment on that one Slej on the grounds that I may incriminate myself. That and the fact that there is a "Christian" section on here and I don't want to be crucified.

However having said that there is something to be said for mind altering subjects to aid creativity.1 Rolleyes

Inspiration - shuttertalk - Sep 15, 2004

Hm... interesting topic potplant. For me, I love reading travel photography books, and just looking at the photos. I'd like to think that the images stay in my subconscious, to be recalled just before I press the shutter button. Smile

Inspiration - Rufus - Sep 16, 2004

StudioJ Wrote:I refuse to comment on that one Slej on the grounds that I may incriminate myself. That and the fact that there is a "Christian" section on here and I don't want to be crucified.

However having said that there is something to be said for mind altering subjects to aid creativity.1 Rolleyes

Good grief James! Do you think Christians have always been, are, and will always be innocent and law abiding??? Good grief!!!!!!

:o :o

Inspiration - dewy - Sep 16, 2004

I can't really say I get any Inspiration from anything for photography, as there is nothing to shoot around here that is worth worrying about so when ever I can get out I shoot every tihng can on my 16MB card Cool

Inspiration - slejhamer - Sep 16, 2004

Actually I play a little challenge with myself: while reading a magazine, I pay particular attention to the ads and try to figure out how they were lit, how much photoshop was used, etc. Then I have hopefully learned something that I can incorporate in a future shoot, or at least see if I can replicate the effect. It's the learning aspect that I find inspirational.

Inspiration - potplant - Sep 16, 2004

Cool! Ever tried to replicate the ads? Care to post some attempts? Big Grin

Inspiration - slejhamer - Sep 16, 2004

potplant Wrote:Cool! Ever tried to replicate the ads? Care to post some attempts? Big Grin

I'd really like to replicate that Canon ad with Andre Agassi, the one where he's holding up the trophy and there are a hundred big white Canon L lenses pointed at him. I just need to borrow ninety-nine L lenses first ... Big Grin

Inspiration - StudioJ - Sep 16, 2004

Can't you just replicate it with his girlfriend and one L? Smile

Now thats inspiration!

Inspiration - shuttertalk - Sep 16, 2004

Lol... I can stand in for Andre if you need a volunteer...

Inspiration - Moreta - Sep 16, 2004

Most of my photos are of my kids, and its a neverending challenge to try and preserve as much of them as I can. I used to take all the typical 'mom' photos and was never really happy with what I got, but since I got my digital camera my photos have become much more varied.

They're still mostly snapshots, but I've come a long way in taking advantage of lighting and different angles and such to capture more of who my kids are instead of just what they look like. Smile

Inspiration - Cailean - Sep 16, 2004

Moreta Wrote:...to capture more of who [they] are instead of just what they look like.
Is it just me or is that about the best explanation of the difference between any dude with a camera and a true hobbyist/entusiast? Well said, Moreta!

Inspiration - shuttertalk - Sep 17, 2004

I second that opinion! Well put, Moreta! Smile