Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Are You a Brandist?

Hey, are you a Brandist? Does brand loyalty mean anything to you? Do you prefer certain "brands" over others?

Say for example if a awesome new camera came out by an unknown company (Kamera-tek?) would you get one? Or would you not be caught dead with anything other than a Canon/Nikon/etc. ?

(oh by the way, kamera-tek is just something i made up Smile )

i personally am a bit wary of some of those 'yum cha' brands that come out. I am a believer of you pay for what you get and those Canon/Nikon cameras are priced at their respective prices for a reason.

Although some of those brands like (kamera-tek?) may have all the bells and whistles that the Canon and Nikon cameras have, there are other aspects such as build quality which these companies skimp on to produce a cheaper priced product.

If i saw a (Kamera-tek?) camera with exactly the same features as say a Canon camera but was priced like $200 cheaper I would be skeptical.

Since light travels faster than sound,
people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Hey, are you a Brandist?
Yes

Does brand loyalty mean anything to you?
No

Do you prefer certain "brands" over others?
Yes

Say for example if a awesome new camera came out by an unknown company (Kamera-tek?) would you get one?
If it truely was awesome (comparable to the 'trusted' camera brands out there, I would get it. If the camera is awesome, then the company would be known (if not now, then soon). I'd wait first, check reviews, let others be the guinea pigs Smile

Or would you not be caught dead with anything other than a Canon/Nikon/etc. ?
I don't use a Canon because I want to show people it's a Canon. Seems to be a show-off thing. Smile Although I wouldn't mind having a really expensive branded camera to show off to everyone. haha... Camera is used for taking photographs. If I am caught dead with a camera, it's probably the revenge of someone I have shot.

adam Wrote:Camera is used for taking photographs. If I am caught dead with a camera, it's probably the revenge of someone I have shot.

Haha, well said, adam. Smile

If you were caught dead with a camera, you'd have to wonder what it was you were shooting BEFORE you died? Big Grin

God has placed me on earth to accomplish certain things.
Right now, I am so far behind that I will never die.

Something so scarey that you die of fright!
or maybe it was very cold, and died in the cold.
or maybe an angry person with a gun!