Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

a simpleton question

Just curious: how come there've been to date 17 thousand views of the post on nightclub photography and virtually no interaction between these viewees and the occasional but helpful ST regulars? This puzzles and slightly unnerves me but I'm not sure why.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Lurkers, voyeurs, people hoping (or not) to see themselves in an uncompromising situation? Rolleyes But the thread is over a few years.

Where does it tell you the number of posts Shaun? I don't see it.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

It's a good question, and as with everything that I wonder about, I checked with Google. Sure enough that thread shows up on the first page of search results for "nightclub photography".

I went looking for other old threads that are up in the same view range, but there really aren't very many. There's one about camera bags that's over 20,000 views, but nothing else really comes close.

I've noticed in general that there are two types of interaction on forums: discussions and question-response. We tend to have a lot of discussions here, but there are still some threads where the people who start them are never seen elsewhere. But I find that Shuttertalk is one of the best; there are forums that I never bother to visit any more because there's only reaction instead of interaction.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

NT..it has 2 columns, Replies and Views, on the forum page.
OK Matthew; yes, good point; I've noticed that the clubbers don't hang about.....
...:| ....
....Maybe I'll submit a regular picture of a mono landie, just pimping the title to read "lights or flash for brothel photography?" and see how popular ST gets... Rolleyes

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

matthew Wrote:I checked with Google. Sure enough that thread shows up on the first page of search results for "nightclub photography".
That's fascinating... funny how a fairly innocuous question / thread can get ranked so highly, especially with such a generic term...

Shuttertalk has always appeared very high on Google searches,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by djkepple
Jul 24, 2012, 08:15
Last Post by Zig
Oct 27, 2008, 02:40