Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

360 Panos

Is anyone else here interested in 360 panoramas?
I use PTGui for stitching and Pano2VR for the HTML5 assembly of the panorama. My current issue is that the quality of the panorama is really really poor, and I can't see why.
Example: http://fotonoir.ro/pano/9/z2.html
My experience is really bad quality in google Chrome, not working at all in Firefox.
The Flash version looks fine.

Has anyone else used Pano2VR?

Yeah, your version looks really poor to me as well. The composition is good, though.

Have you tried another method? 360 panoramas have been around since Encarta '97, if I'm not mistaken, they're sure to have evolved by now.

The software doens't load.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

When I went to the link provided, it does not load for me either. You might check the site and let us know when we can take a look at it.

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Thanks for the feedback. I think there are some serious issues with the html code. I might switch to KRPano, or use flash for now.

(Nov 7, 2012, 13:24)vlad Wrote:  Thanks for the feedback. I think there are some serious issues with the html code. I might switch to KRPano, or use flash for now.

I'd really like to know more of your workflow vlad. I have the same software PTGUI but find it very poor when it comes to hdr processing and stitching my 360 pano. I did try to use krpano but it give me restrictions when it comes to interface of the virtual tour when being ouput.

Do you have any suggestions in which you the pixels and quality of an image stays the same but the size of a panorama would not exceed 2mb for bandwidth friendly.

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

Hi! There's a learning curve for the workflow. I also tried KR Pano, but I found PTGui's graphical user interface and options to be more suited. I do all my HDR work in Photomatix. That's a great standalone HDR software. Also, I suggest you don't bother shooting in RAW. Jpeg's work great, and are light on the hardware. If you need more Dynamic range (ex. while photographing rooms with bright window light) just use HDR. I always save the pano at top quality (about 50 megapixels) and then build the HTML5 or Flash files with Pano2VR. For HTML5 it's better that you use the latest version. Pano2VR has some multi display (smartphone, tablet, laptop, etc) settings you can use. You can find some tutorials online. If you have any questions just ask.

Ohh I see. As I compared the HDR of photomatix from other HDR software I would agree with you. Photomatix is great for HDR.
I have too many questions vlad hope you don't mind:
Which comes first? Stitching your photo to become panorama then merge it to HDR
Or Merge your photo in HDR then stich it?
What I do is I merge it to HDR using photomattix then stich the photo to become panorama. Or I'm doing it wrong? I never get the chance to do stiching the photos first then merging it to HDR.

When using Photomatix do you usually adjust it to your likings or have a preffered AUTO adjustments?

What is your recommended pixel size output of a panorama? and Why?

First batch of questions will add more after this, hope you don't mind Smile
Thanks Vlad in advance Smile

PhotoPlay Photography
~Eleanor Powell

I'd love to see what your end product is, I think if 360 panoramas aren't that hard to achieve I might give them a try myself.

I bought a sturdy tripod and a specialized pano head for them and I seldome make thrm anymore. Too kuch boatparties I guessSmile)
I usually do the Hdr first and then stitch. I save it at max rez, open it in photoshop and tidy up a bit. There's usually some stitching errors. After that I open it in lightroom if necessary and fix the white balance using local corrections brush. I guess I could do this in Ps as well. Then I save again and open in Pano2VR

I'd love to see a pano shot from one of the boat parties. Make it happen! Big Grin

(Jun 28, 2013, 04:25)vlad Wrote:  I bought a sturdy tripod and a specialized pano head for them and I seldome make thrm anymore. Too kuch boatparties I guessSmile)
I usually do the Hdr first and then stitch. I save it at max rez, open it in photoshop and tidy up a bit. There's usually some stitching errors. After that I open it in lightroom if necessary and fix the white balance using local corrections brush. I guess I could do this in Ps as well. Then I save again and open in Pano2VR

I see that you enjoy your boatparties Smile

Any particular software using to stitch your photos? PTGUI?

Max resolution can really eat up the speed in photoshop. I have problem getting max pixel size. It loads also slow in internet if you have big mb size for each pano in a tour.

PhotoPlay Photography
~Eleanor Powell