Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Shooting with Film

Well it's been awhile since I've shot with film,so I started this thread for some info
Anyone hear shooting with film be it B&W or negative or positive film
If you are give me some insight in brand Of camera and film your using and iso speeds
Last time I shot with film was with a Nikon F601 now I've picked up a NIB Nikon F5 and I'm eager to get shooting with it
Back with the F601 I mostly shot with Fuji 100,400 never shot with any 1600
So if your shooting with film or just want to add something post away

I last used 35mm Kodacolour, 2011, had negs put onto CD Professionally. Very disappointed with results. A conventional 10x8 Colour Print was excellent. Camera was Olympus IS 2000, Bridge camera. Have 2, will live in their cases! I did replace the sky. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

I frequently use film - about three rolls a month. Mostly I use Agfa Vista+ which is £1.00 per cassette here. I also use Fuji Provia in my medium format cameras - about one roll a month. I have them scanned to CD by the lab who develops the film.

This is a Fuji Provia picture taken on a Zeiss Ikon Nettar 515:[Image: 000014.JPG]

This is an Agfa Vista+ picture, taken on a Voigtlander Vitomaic II:[Image: IMG_0236.JPG]

Thanks for the info and photos their great
I'd forgot about Agfa

That's taking busking to extremes isn't it? Amp'ed up double bass, full drum kit, amp'ed up Gretsch G5420T guitar and a PA system? The only thing missing is a Hammond B3 Organ to complete the 'vintage' sound. Stick Gene Vincent in there and he'd feel right at home. Smile

Phil, there are 2 B3's within 6 miles of me, did get a quick shot at one, years ago.had to get someone to switch it on. Did not sound like Jimmy Smith, bit disappointed!! Ed.

Ed,

Jimmy Smith or Booker T Jones, both with very distinctive sounds. Both magic!! The one thing I don't miss about my younger years is 'lugging a B3 about, on and off stages' Smile If my memory serves me right, it was a four man lift !!

Phil.

I have, so called, Jimmy Smith sounds, on my keyboard Phil, Yam Tyros, but again, don't sound like him!! Ed.

(Dec 10, 2013, 13:25)EdMak Wrote:  I last used 35mm Kodacolour, 2011, had negs put onto CD Professionally. Very disappointed with results. A conventional 10x8 Colour Print was excellent. Camera was Olympus IS 2000, Bridge camera. Have 2, will live in their cases! I did replace the sky. Ed.

Wow, why would you be disappointed in that? I like the colors. Apart from the sky, did you edit anything else?

Small amount of cloning, buckets & cars, sharpened, but an A3, my usual size, showed all the, not as expected failings. Mainly lack of clarity, detail, which I would have expected to see from digital. Could have been unlucky, as other results look OK to me. Can't complain, I did not pay for the conversion. Thanks for commenting. Ed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Dec 9, 2007, 11:10