Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Editing Software - Photoshop?

And as to cost. Right now, it's $10/mo for PSCC and LightRoom. 2 Starbucks. That's $120/year. If that's too expensive for a small photographic business, then they're just about to go under anyway.

Wall E are you saying that someone, like Beth, can have all the above for $120 yearly, no additional payments/requirements necessary, seems a great deal. Cheers. Ed.

To each his own!

(Jan 22, 2014, 15:39)EdMak Wrote:  And as to cost. Right now, it's $10/mo for PSCC and LightRoom. 2 Starbucks. That's $120/year. If that's too expensive for a small photographic business, then they're just about to go under anyway.

Wall E are you saying that someone, like Beth, can have all the above for $120 yearly, no additional payments/requirements necessary, seems a great deal. Cheers. Ed.

Couple of 'gotchas'.
Until 31 Dec, this deal was open to all.
Now (until 28 Feb), it requires that you already own CS3 or higher.
And, as always, the government gets their piece of the action in taxes.
And it's paid by the month.
Adobe Photographer's Bundle

Valley of the Sun, Arizona
D2Xs, D200's, D100's, LightRoom, CS-CC
2HowardsPhoto.biz

Seems a super deal to me. £2 weekly. Did not see prices if you have none of their products. Thanks. Ed.

To each his own!

I've read somewhere (one of the mags) that it was going to come out at £80/month. That's OK for a big photographic/graphics studio, but it's too rich for me.

(Jan 22, 2014, 17:50)Phil J Wrote:  I've read somewhere (one of the mags) that it was going to come out at £80/month. That's OK for a big photographic/graphics studio, but it's too rich for me.

The 'standard' subscription, which includes all the video and graphics production software, is $50 US (about 30 GBP) /month.

Valley of the Sun, Arizona
D2Xs, D200's, D100's, LightRoom, CS-CC
2HowardsPhoto.biz

(Jan 10, 2014, 13:59)bethanhearne81 Wrote:  As I am reasonably new to photography, I am finding it difficult to part with a huge amount of money to purchase photoshop and I was wondeirng if anybody has any ideas that I can get around it. Any much cheaper of even free softwares that are just of good, or even places to get photoshop much cheaper?
Any advice?
Beth.
Hello, I'm brand new on here, first post. I have just purchased adobe photoshop elements 12 and can't deny, I'm finding it so easy to use it was well worth the £49 plus £4.00 postage. Although not totally self explanatory, I find the speech bubbles quite easy to understand and follow, specially as I am no tekky. (my wife would say I'm hopeless!!) I got it from Cameraworld.co.uk. Ordered it Friday at 12 noon and it arrived Saturday morning, put the disc in and half hour later I was up and running. Great.

Thanks PaulBarker for letting us know! Welcome to the forums by the way!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

(Jan 10, 2014, 13:59)bethanhearne81 Wrote:  As I am reasonably new to photography, I am finding it difficult to part with a huge amount of money to purchase photoshop and I was wondeirng if anybody has any ideas that I can get around it. Any much cheaper of even free softwares that are just of good, or even places to get photoshop much cheaper?
Any advice?
Beth.
Hello - I recommend saving some money and purchasing the latest version of Lightroom together with a Scott Kelby book to cover Lightroom.
Good luck
Brian

Lightzone is an interesting, free, open source non-destructive editor:

Quote:LightZone is professional-level digital darkroom software for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux, that includes RAW processing and editing. Rather than using layers in the way that other photo editors do, LightZone lets the user build up a stack of tools which can be rearranged, readjusted, turned off and on, and removed from the stack. It's a completely non-destructive editor, where any of the tools can be re-adjusted or modified later — even in a different editing session. A tool stack can even be copied to a batch of photos at one time. LightZone always operates in a 16-bit linear color space with the wide gamut of ProPhoto RGB.

Link

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Sabion
Jun 12, 2020, 03:35