Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Christmas!

Hi all

On a lighter note, would you like to share some Christmas photos?

I went through Birmingham Christmas fair this week so here's a couple of shots from there for starters.

Happy Christmas everyone!

Jeff

Attached Files Image(s)

What great photos! I particularly like the carousel and the trumpet player, they really capture the scene for me. Great idea too Smile
Regards
Jane

I wondered what you would think about the fuzzy trumpets...it works for me but...

Works for me too. As a single image but especially as part of a collection. Love the image of the solo trumpeter.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

(Dec 10, 2015, 07:12)Freeman Wrote:  I wondered what you would think about the fuzzy trumpets...it works for me but...

I think they are all good. It has inspired me to try street photography - something I have not done yet.
Jane

Lovely series! Thanks for sharing with us!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Hey! Thank you so much! Hope we can see more postings on this Christmas theme. Plenty of time left xxx Jeff

Good colours and lots of Christmas atmosphere there. The movement works well in 1 and 4. Good series, Jeff! Smile

Cheers.
Philip

Wow, i am really impressed. some details of camera and setting would be appreciated, Ruth

Thanks again for comments - it's great when folks like your photos.

Jane, I'm glad you are going to try street - I love it personally - never be afraid to ask folks straight out - it's surprising how rarely they decline a big smile and a compliment. Also, use the long end of a tele zoom to capture unsuspecting subjects. Shall we start a street thread on the forum to share some examples and perhaps get you contributing?

Ruth, the carousel was: NIKON D610 Lens model 24.0-85.0 mm f/3.5-4.5
Shutter speed 1/200 Aperture f/8 Focal length 24 mm

But the solo brass player was:NIKON D610 Lens model 24.0-85.0 mm f/3.5-4.5
Shutter speed 1/25 Aperture f/4.5 Focal length 85mm ISO 2000

The fuzzy trumpets were as above but 1/20 at 66mm and ISO 640

For the stable shop shot I used 1/10 ISO 800 f/13 at 42mm hence the sense of busy market movement.

Usual post processing in Lightroom.

All the best, Jeff

(Dec 14, 2015, 12:01)Freeman Wrote:  Thanks again for comments - it's great when folks like your photos.

Jane, I'm glad you are going to try street - I love it personally - never be afraid to ask folks straight out - it's surprising how rarely they decline a big smile and a compliment. Also, use the long end of a tele zoom to capture unsuspecting subjects. Shall we start a street thread on the forum to share some examples and perhaps get you contributing?

Ruth, the carousel was: NIKON D610 Lens model 24.0-85.0 mm f/3.5-4.5
Shutter speed 1/200 Aperture f/8 Focal length 24 mm

But the solo brass player was:NIKON D610 Lens model 24.0-85.0 mm f/3.5-4.5
Shutter speed 1/25 Aperture f/4.5 Focal length 85mm ISO 2000

The fuzzy trumpets were as above but 1/20 at 66mm and ISO 640

For the stable shop shot I used 1/10 ISO 800 f/13 at 42mm hence the sense of busy market movement.

Usual post processing in Lightroom.

All the best, Jeff

Great idea.
Jane

Here's a glimpse of the City of Gloucester this Christmastime.

All images Nikon D300 & 18 -200 DX swm VR ED IF. Various S/speeds & Apertures, ISO 640. (I think)

So here goes.

Super series Phil. Merry Xmas. Ed.

To each his own!

Here are a couple more.

Oh, all post processing done in PhotoPlus X5.

Hope you like these and a MERRY CHRISTMAS to all my fellow members.

Oh, and thanks Ed!!

Best wishes.

Phil.

Nice series of shots, and a very Merry Christmas to you to.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Hi Phil - Nice! My choices are the Coral shot (the steeple, the tree, and the person walking past the shop front plus the sign in the foreground) and the final one in the series (the depth and the reflection are super) which carry for me the most atmosphere.

All the best

Jeff

Lovely, i too specially like the trumpeter. Don't know why.Tongue

(Dec 21, 2015, 09:26)Phil J Wrote:  Here's a glimpse of the City of Gloucester this Christmastime.

All images Nikon D300 & 18 -200 DX swm VR ED IF. Various S/speeds & Apertures, ISO 640. (I think)

So here goes.

(Jan 10, 2016, 12:30)ruthbaillie Wrote:  
(Dec 21, 2015, 09:26)Phil J Wrote:  Here's a glimpse of the City of Gloucester this Christmastime.

So here goes.

(Jan 10, 2016, 12:32)ruthbaillie Wrote:  
(Jan 10, 2016, 12:30)ruthbaillie Wrote:  

So here goes.

Thanks Ruth & Jeff.

A bit late I know but it's the first time I've logged on to this thread since Christmas. Smile

I hope everyone has had a Happy New Year, at least thus far.

Best regards everyone.

Phil.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by matthew
Dec 29, 2006, 18:57