Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Board display size

This board is now displaying so small on my monitor that I can hardly read the text.  I use Chrome 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit) set to 125% zoom (which makes no difference to the board rendering) on an iMac.  

GrahamS
Take my advice.  I'm not using it.Wink

The display size is still the same old problem here - in the browser's normal size view any image over about 1000 pixels wide extends off the right hand side of the screen and takes the text with it, making it impossible to see the whole image and to read all the text. One recent example is Robert's Milan series. The effect happens in my usual browser - Opera - and in MS Internet Explorer on the PC, and also in Google Chrome on the tablet.

Mods and Admin - please get this problem fixed.

Philip

It baffles me why some should end up with a micro display and others an oversize. In my case ( 15in laptop ) I have not had any problems with width. Length is variable and scrolling down is sometimes required. I use Lightroom CC and on export I can set the pixels ( say 1000 ) for the longest side. That is fine for width but, if in portrait mode, the pixel count would have to be reduced considerably. I use Windows 10, with Microsoft Edge browser.
Cheers,
Mike.

" Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst "
Henri Cartier - Bresson.

This is a coding problem, not a problem with the posted size of images.

GrahamS

It is because of these issues that I have stopped posting images to the site. A photography site with poor image display is just a waste of time. If it wasn't for the chat I wouldn't bother.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Yes John - you, I, and others know that it used to be fine, then someone started messing with the web site programming and it is no longer as user friendly as it was. It is probably a good example of the maxim "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Philip

I agree with you entirely, Graham. I mentioned how I posted in the hope that it may be of some use to the Tech Guys.
If I remember correctly, this problem came about when the site was 'upgraded' to enable easy access for Smartphones.
Regards,
Mike.

" Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst "
Henri Cartier - Bresson.

The frustration isn't worth the bother anymore. The administrators should have a look at http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/ or at http://www.photographytoday.net/forums/index.php or at https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/

GrahamS

It's why I post my images so small - so folks can see them all in the post, without having to do anything else. Good job I like you guys or I'd be off, too!!

(Apr 11, 2017, 21:32)MrB Wrote:  The display size is still the same old problem here - in the browser's normal size view any image over about 1000 pixels wide extends off the right hand side of the screen and takes the text with it assurances seniors, making it impossible to see the whole image and to read all the text. One recent example is Robert's Milan series. The effect happens in my usual browser - Opera - and in MS Internet Explorer on the PC, and also in Google Chrome on the tablet.

Mods and Admin - please get this problem fixed.

Philip
You could go down a little to 600 you know. It won't hurt your eyes. In addition, it is a little bigger.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barbara G.
Oct 22, 2013, 06:42