Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New to the site

Hello everybody.   Smile
I'm new to this site but not to photography as I've been 'into' photography for the last 40 odd years.

A Nikon devotee, I'll photograph anything I think will make a picture.

I look forward to chatting in the future.

Jeff

(Jul 2, 2017, 01:03)Fogey Wrote:  Hello everybody.   Smile
I'm new to this site but not to photography as I've been 'into' photography for the last 40 odd years.

A Nikon devotee, I'll photograph anything I think will make a picture.

I look forward to chatting in the future.

Hi,

Welcome, I had a quick look at your website, some nice work. You obviously you like macro which is challenging, but have a wide range which is nice.

Mike

You can view a few of my images including some actions shots at

http://www.art-seekers.com

Thank you.  I do still have a lot of work to do on my website.

Thank you for the links, every little helps.  I'll have an in depth look when I have a spare hour or so.

Jeff

Welcome to Shuttertalk.

Hello and welcome to the photography forums! Nice to have you here with us!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

I hope this is for introducing myself. I am very much an amateur photographer especially on DSLRs which I bought about 3 years ago. My first camera was a Brownie Box camera about 60 years ago. And since then I enjoyed film darkroom experiments in an amateur camera society. For digital, I first used what now look dreadful digital compact photos from about 13 years ago.
My Dad had a Pentax back in the 1960s, and as I fancied one a digital one, I bought the Pentax K-S2 and then the K-70, so as not to change lenses in rain but found the different settings very confusing. So as my wife is also interested in the hobby, gave the K-S2 to her and bought a second K-70. So now I am in the process of learning to use these cameras. One has an 18-55mm weather resistant lens and the other a 55-300mm PLM wr lens. I use a double large Black Rapid sling (because I am large ?) to attach the cameras to with safety tethers. I recently bought a waterproof Olympus Tough TG-870 compact which is fun to use.
I mainly shoot landscapes, fauna and still-lifes, partly for FB forums and also for subjects to paint.
On FB, I follow Tony Northrup and his YouTube videos and Matt Granger ditto.

Welcome, enjoy your stay. Ed.

To each his own!

Welcome to the photography forums! Nice to have you here with us!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barbara G.
Jun 26, 2017, 09:41
Last Post by EdMak
Dec 4, 2014, 10:24