Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How I finally got photography figured out

I just introduced myself here and kind of scratching my head about what to talk about.  

So, I figured I would share a little about my photography journey and add some depth to my introduction.  Don't be shy say hello, I'm looking to make friends here!

I'm 31 years old and was a late bloomer to photography, which is strange because most people in my family are photographers.  The really strange part is that I was a  closet photographer for the last 2 years.  I didn't tell anyone that I was secretly learning photography because I wanted to surprise them and also, was kind of embarrassed that I didn't know the stuff.  Am I the only one who struggled with the fundamentals to photography?  Seriously what a PITA all this was.  

Actually for me, my turning point was a few YouTube channels on photography that really helped me out.  Well let me take that back, actually it was this video on "How to Learn Photography in 13 minutes": https://youtu.be/fpdxMUWF0k0 that got me to finally understand the basics.  This guy did a killer job.  (Sorry not sure how to add link here, hope I did it right)

He has another video I was going to post here, but I can't seem to find it now.  It was on lighting. Eh, it's late and I'm exhausted.  

Well my goals are to become a professional photographer one day.  Won't be this year, but who knows what the future holds for me.  Alright, I hope to meet and become friends with some of you.  If you are a newbie like me and want to learn photography, can recommend that video I posted enough, it really helped!  Oh yeah, Bryan Peterson an author I was recommended too.  "Understanding Exposure".  I just ordered that on Amazon.  I'll let you know how that book works out when it arrives.  

OK, I'm sleepy and heading to bed.  

Speak soon!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Buffaloe
Mar 5, 2020, 06:32