Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What Cloth To Clean Guitar?

Hey guys some of you particularly de_axeman mentioned that it is good to wipe down your strings after playing to stop the oils from your fingers damaging them.

So what cloths do you guys use?

I just used a Nikkon cloth i found and it got shredded to bits on my strings Sad

Since light travels faster than sound,
people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Aha! An easy question!

Microfibre!!!

Cleans everything, even expensive optics, with NO CHEMICALS!!!

Huraaayyy!! Best domestic invention since the Hoover! Big Grin

Cave canem

Yeah! Three cheers for microfibre! If you're in a pinch, steal the cloth your dad uses to clean his glasses! Big Grin

Otherwise, just tear up an old t-shirt of yours and keep a rag in your case and use that.

When you re-string your guitar, it pays to give your whole guitar a detailed wipe down to get rid of dust and sweat and grime from all the hard to reach places.

Also, if you're using any sprays/polishes to polish/clean your guitar, DO NOT use anything that contains SILICONE! It can damage the finish of your guitar permanantly.

You can also pass your guitar to Jules and I'll fix it for you! Big Grin

God has placed me on earth to accomplish certain things.
Right now, I am so far behind that I will never die.

Quote:You can also pass your guitar to Jules and I'll fix it for you!

I will be doing that!!!

Thanks de_axeman

Since light travels faster than sound,
people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I use a cloth I bought when I was in Singapore, called something like GHS string wiping cloth, or something. Haha, I'm not exactly sure of the structural differences, but it goes black very fast after wiping your strings Tongue

You'll see marks no matter what cloth you wipe your strings down with - the corrosion from the strings are unavoidable, and most people sweat when they play so you get grime and dirt as well as the greenish-brownish corrosion from the strings.

God has placed me on earth to accomplish certain things.
Right now, I am so far behind that I will never die.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by NT73
Oct 19, 2011, 06:26