Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

XP Starter Edition

Hey... apparently Microsoft will be shipping a "lite" version of XP - XP Starter Edition - to reduce cost to customers and compete with open source offerings.

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/TECH/biztech...index.html

It's pretty silly actually -- 3 programs concurrently? 800x600 resolution? No networking support? What are they trying to achieve? Going back to pre- Windows 3.1 days?

"The new software's "simplified task management" in which "first-time home PC users can have up to three programs running concurrently" represents a downgrade from the standard XP system. A full XP version can run many more programs concurrently, depending on the amount of memory in a computer.

Other downgrades include "display resolution set to 800x600 maximum and no support for PC-to-PC home networking, sharing printers across a network or more advanced features such as the ability to establish multiple user accounts on a single PC," the company said."

LoL that is almost as stupid as XP it self, lol

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

3 programs running ? ~_~ ... id die ..
at least it would stop n00bs from doing anything bad to their computer if all they do is word proccessing...

peter Wrote:3 programs running ? ~_~ ... id die ..
at least it would stop n00bs from doing anything bad to their computer if all they do is word proccessing...

lol... 1 window open for internet explorer, one open for muzak, one for word... err... wanna check email? err.. hang on, let me close word first.. Rolleyes

i wouldnt even be able to use the internet since mine all runs off a network ~_~

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post