Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Can anyone recommend a pocket/handbag camera

Hi All,

I've recently upgraded to a Canon 600D, previously used an Olympus SP570UZ which was not a great lot smaller than an SLR. What i'd really like now is a small camera that I can carry with me all the time. Every time I go out without my camera, I regret not having it with me! But of course it's just not practical to carry a big camera everywhere.

The best feature of my Olympus was an autofocus mode that allowed me to move the focus area to any point on the screen.

I would like a camera that also has manual focus, doesn't matter if it's hard to use, it's just helpful for those shots when the auto focus has trouble.

I like a good zoom, my Olympus was 20x zoom, I understand my Tamron lens is equivalent to about 15x.

Obviously something that allows you to adjust settings, I have yet to find a camera that takes satisfying shots in Auto mode. (not that I have used many different cameras, I must admit!)

To sum up, I'd love a little camera that has these features:
1. Autofocus feature that allows you to choose the focus area (is there a correct way to describe this?)
2. Good zoom
3. Manual focus (not essential)
4. Allows manual adjustment of settings
5. Good macro setting

Can anyone recommend a camera that has these features?

Previously I've looked at the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ20 which sounded quite good.

A friend recently showed me her Ricoh R10 (probably an older camera?) that had an amazing lot of features for a small camera.

The camera I want may not exist, but thought someone here may be able to make a suggestion!

thanks Smile

Anne

Messages In This Thread
Can anyone recommend a pocket/handbag camera - by Anne - Feb 24, 2012, 05:23

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post