Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What are your thoughts on......

I have been doing 2 courses for the last 5 weeks. To my eye, that makes me an expert on precisely zero. Smile

I think though, that we all are here because we enjoy what we see, enjoy what we shoot and get to see how other people approach what we're trying to.

We come from a diverse background an are a tight knit (sounds of trumpets and flags waving).... community and we feel that we can post pictures and commentary freely.

I am increasing my commentary on pictures though, not to big note myself, but to say what I see and see if other people feel the same or opposite. Also, to help myself (and anyone thinking similar) I am saying what I think I see from a technique perspective which people can say "uuhh, no gd.. that's not how that was done..." or... "yeah, and then if you try THIS you get this type of outcome". For me, that's how I will improve.

So the next time you're reading my comments on your photos you may be able to see where i'm coming from. I may never have taken a photo like yours or be as good as the excellent stuff we have in here already, but I'd like to be. So I'll make comments or questions so I can learn from more experienced insights. People are more than welcome to do similar to my photos.

In all, I like this forum because I learn from it and contribute where I can and I think everybody here does exactly the same. We only need one forum I think. In future I'm going to preface any technical commentary or questions.. or photographic observations with the term "$0.02". Which has become known on this forum especially as "My Two Cents". When you see this, I'm being critical in a way that I think is constructive or informative.

How's that sound?

Or, we could develop a "Snooty" and a "Cool" forum thread so that those who want to crticise can stay in Snooty-Land... and the rest of us can stay in Cool-town. (did I just say Cool-town?)

Camera: Nikon D70
Level: Eager Amateur
Area of speciality: Sceneries
Area of Learning: Portraiture

Messages In This Thread
What are your thoughts on...... - by jericho - Nov 10, 2004, 19:43
What are your thoughts on...... - by Toad - Nov 10, 2004, 20:05
What are your thoughts on...... - by jericho - Nov 10, 2004, 20:11
What are your thoughts on...... - by EnglishBob - Nov 10, 2004, 20:49
What are your thoughts on...... - by jericho - Nov 10, 2004, 21:07
What are your thoughts on...... - by pai - Nov 11, 2004, 01:22
What are your thoughts on...... - by adam - Nov 11, 2004, 12:28