Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

About the Challenge

Hi Pavel, thanks for your input - I appreciate the thought you've put into it. I'm back now so I'm keen to get this on the table for discussion.

Yes, I do wish there was more participation - not just in the challenges but across the forum in general. I think the two are closely related - i.e. if we don't have active forum members then we probably won't have participants in the challenges as well. That being said, I thought the 2nd challenge was pretty well, and was heading in the right direction. Additionally, I think the challenges are a great way in which to attract outsiders to our site as the prizes do give people some incentives to participate. I have been trying to promote the challenges with limited success via Facebook and twitter, but again I think the momentum is still yet to build and I feel it needs a bit of an extra push.

(By the way I apologise profusely for the third one though - I had a cracker of a prize lined up but my contact said she was busy on something else and didn't respond for two weeks.)

So yes I am completely open to ideas - let's get the discussions going. It's evident that everything I have tried so far is not quite enough so if you have any radical ideas - let's discuss and implement them. Perhaps we can get a working committee going - I was surprised to hear that EnglishBob actually organises competitions (amongst other things) for his various camera clubs - his experience would be invaluable as to what works and what doesn't.

Messages In This Thread
About the Challenge - by Pavel - Jun 17, 2012, 15:44
RE: About the Challenge - by matthew - Jun 17, 2012, 19:32
RE: About the Challenge - by shuttertalk - Jun 24, 2012, 23:06
RE: About the Challenge - by matthew - Jun 27, 2012, 20:24
RE: About the Challenge - by Pavel - Jun 28, 2012, 03:46

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by NT73
Mar 20, 2007, 06:11