Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Acquiring Knowledge

Looking for a little input. For years I've been a point & shooter, with average or less than average results. Have a desire to learn more about photography in general. Specifically, more about digital cameras, subject composition, lighting effects, how camera settings impact results, photo editing/enhancing software. Based upon reviews I have selected a Nikon CoolPix L820 to start my journey. I felt that this offering gives me the point and shoot capabilities I'm more familiar with as well as the capability to eventually alter settings to achieve a higher level of results. I guess what I'm looking for is a starting point to learn and enhance photographic skill sets. My question is where to start my journey, with what educational tools or processes. Are some of the advertised photography programs worth the expense. Are on line institution courses the way to go? Books on the subject? Videos? Recommendations and/or suggestions greatly appreciated. Condemnation, critics and criticisms also accepted.
My goal is to be able to say with pride "Yes, I took that picture"!

Messages In This Thread
Acquiring Knowledge - by PJAP - Aug 31, 2013, 06:10
RE: Acquiring Knowledge - by PhotoPlay - Aug 31, 2013, 10:10
RE: Acquiring Knowledge - by PJAP - Aug 31, 2013, 10:59
RE: Acquiring Knowledge - by PhotoPlay - Aug 31, 2013, 17:52
RE: Acquiring Knowledge - by EdMak - Sep 1, 2013, 13:59
RE: Acquiring Knowledge - by Dean - Sep 2, 2013, 07:56
RE: Acquiring Knowledge - by PJAP - Sep 2, 2013, 08:34
RE: Acquiring Knowledge - by EdMak - Sep 2, 2013, 09:48