Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Practicing Digital Photography: Motorcycles, ATVs, and Similar

Yes, Mike, I got my first CX500 in 1979. For me, its real innovation (and probably the reason for its reliability and longevity) was its relative simplicity - a shaft drive two-cylinder push-rod transverse V-twin power-plant, everything so accessible that a full-service could be done at home in a few minutes! Sadly, that one was written off when a car pulled out of a side road, quite literally right in front of me - I was very lucky to get away with only my left arm fractured in three places, but it was another year before I could pull a clutch lever. I then managed to find a very low mileage used CX500, in exactly the same colour scheme as my first. That is the one I used with great pleasure and without any major faults for the next 25 years, although I will admit to being only a fair-weather rider! I do miss the CX and biking generally, but it had to go, as my hips proved to be not as robust as the bike!

Enjoy your magnificent machine for as long as you can, and take care.

Philip

Messages In This Thread
RE: Practicing Digital Photography: Motorcycles, ATVs, and Similar - by MrB - Apr 26, 2019, 01:52

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post