Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Nikon combination for birds and birds in flight

So the state of play is that I acquired the D610 and 80-400G lens and have made some initial forays with this combination across a range of views and birds. Today the ordered 1.4x extender arrived. My kit bag has also increased with a cable release (goes nicely with my bean bag) and a filter (Hoya 77mm) and a spare battery in prospect of a short visit next week to the Danube Delta in the south of Romania. Can't wait!

You know, this equipment is awesome. Excellently made and designed (one or two provisos to think about as we stand and no doubt I will tell you about them) and my goodness the shots are startling. I like pictures that are a bit punchy and I am not disappointed. I will try to upload some trial shots for you to see shortly. I have read the manual through once and realise (and salivate) that I will need to explore a lot of it over and over. There are couple of key areas I have not really tested to any extent - speed of focusing which was a key objective for instance - and will update on those in due course. Thanks for reading - good to hear from you - more later....Jeff

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nikon combination for birds and birds in flight - by Freeman - May 13, 2014, 10:53

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by delb0y
Apr 9, 2017, 04:26
Last Post by EnglishBob
Jan 4, 2017, 10:00